We are always happy to receive guest submissions! If you have a story to share, an issue that you think needs more awareness, or a perspective that you feel should be heard, send us a pitch! Prior publishing experience is not required. Our work focuses on a broad range of issues related to global affairs, politics, human rights, the environment, and more. We take a progressive, intersectional, and critical approach, which should be embedded in your article.
Before submitting your article, please read through the instructions and description of our editing process below:
- Read through our Writing Style Guide found here to acquaint yourself with Spheres of Influence’s values, voice, audience, and technical writing requirements.
- Fill out our pitch template found here.
- Your pitch will be reviewed by the Editor-in-Chief who will then directly contact you by email informing you whether your pitch has been approved, rejected, or needs to be reworked.
- Once your pitch is approved, please write and submit a final draft.
- Submissions should be roughly 800-1,200 words in length.
- Our editing team will add suggestions and edits to your article. The Editor-in-Chief will alert you as to when each round of those edits is done and whether you need to make changes or adjustments.
- Your article will be published
- Share your article on social media!
Any article submission must be your own original work that has not already been published elsewhere, whether that be online or in print. Any form of plagiarism is unacceptable.
Final drafts must be submitted in Google Doc format with the settings updated so that anyone with the link can add edits
We require you include sources in your articles. Please do not include a formal bibliography or works cited. Instead, sources should be included as hyperlinks embedded in the text.
If you have any questions about guest submissions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org