Marketing Director (Volunteer)
About Spheres of Influence
Spheres of Influence is a youth-led non-profit digital publication dedicated to highlighting underreported issues in global affairs, politics, social justice, the environment, and more. We aim to amplify marginalized voices and approach issues from a progressive and decolonial approach. We are based in so-called Vancouver, BC on unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh territory and publish articles from young writers in Canada and across the globe.
Joining our organization entails connecting with young professionals and students across the world, the expansion of soft skills, and furthering global connectivity and awareness. While Spheres of Influence is entirely volunteer-based, we aim to make this experience as reciprocal as possible by providing opportunities for professional growth and capacity building.
About the position
Spheres of Influence is currently looking for eager individuals passionate about contributing to international justice, accountability, and education. We are especially looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to help us expand our organization through marketing.
The Marketing Director is primarily responsible for a critical aspect of the website: getting our message out there. As a start-up non-profit, we’re looking to enhance engagement and generate new readership to our website. Therefore, the marketing director must have the experience and motivation to move Spheres of Influence beyond its current readership and increase our brand awareness.
This is a volunteer and fully remote position, requiring 5-7 hours per week.
- Research, develop, and execute our primary marketing strategy
- Coordinate our social media platforms and maintain a weekly schedule of posts
- Oversee a team of volunteers and hold regular meetings
- Finetune our branding to enhance our organizational identity
- Direct public relations and communications initiatives in collaboration with the social media team
- Enhance our Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Evaluate and report on Google Analytics
- Managing Google, Facebook, and Instagram ads
Experience, Education and Training
- Education in marketing, communications, or business administration is preferred
- Previous experience in social media, marketing, or communications is preferred, especially in the non-profit sector
- Passionate about global affairs, accessibility, social justice, and equity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Administrative and project management skills
- Proficient with computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and graphic design software
- Proactive, flexible and positive when presented with a new task or challenge
How to apply
- Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: July 18, 2022